Welcome to Streams of Whiskey!

I am going, I am going, any which way the wind may be blowing,
I am going, I am going, where streams of whiskey are flowing.

30 September 2011

The Scream







When I got the suggestion to do the Van Gogh nails, I thought that it may also be fun to do Edvard Munch's "The Scream". In retrospect, I think the entire painting should've been on all the nails - not just the right thumb - but it's acceptable as is. So right thumb is a mini-nail-reproduction of the painting. On the remainder of the right nails are just the face and partial body of The Scream with the blues and greys of the water. On the left hand are 3 increasingly close faces. The original had a bit of yellow but when I tried to add it with nail polish I don't think it came off so well. On the thumb is "Munch" and on the index finger is "The Scream". It reminds me of an old horror movie poster. The shape the text is on was meant to mimic the torso of The Scream.

No comments:

Post a Comment