Welcome to Streams of Whiskey!

I am going, I am going, any which way the wind may be blowing,
I am going, I am going, where streams of whiskey are flowing.

07 February 2011

Philipp Lahm





















This was the original design plan mentioned in the previous post. Philipp Lahm (captain of Bayern München and the national team). I had thought of going greyscale but I don't have enough variants to make it work so I went with black and white and did his kit in colour.

It was only fitting that I eventually pay a proper tribute to Lahm. He is my favourite player. When I started watching football during the '06 World Cup, his was the first goal I saw scored. I followed both Germany and his progress for the rest of the tournament. When it ended and I decided to follow club football, I chose Bayern because Lahm was (and still is) there. Granted, he was on loan at the time to Stuttgart, but I figured he'd come back, and he did. Last year, Ballack was out of the W.C. with injury and Philipp was captain. Wonderful. Last month, Bayern traded Van Bommel and Philipp was made captain. In addition to a contract that runs for the next 5 years, this was all very good news despite Bayern's poor performances. And that is the background on why I love football in general and Philipp Lahm in particular.

No comments:

Post a Comment