Welcome to Streams of Whiskey!

I am going, I am going, any which way the wind may be blowing,
I am going, I am going, where streams of whiskey are flowing.

01 July 2011

Canada Day/Memorial Day 2011






July 1st is Canada Day and for the past few years I've always done red and white nails with maple leafs - except last year because I had World Cup nails. It has also always been a bit difficult because I didn't have my nail polishes with little brushes and it's very difficult to work with either a normal sized polish brush or a toothpick. My first design with little brushes were actually maple leafs for the Olympics in 2010 but they turned out pretty badly. This year was my chance to go all out. On the right hand I have little RCMP officers in the red serge and two Canadian flags. On the left fingers I have the beginning notes for O Canada (the part that coincides with the singing of "O Canada".

July 1st is also the first day of the assault on the Somme in the Great War. For the Royal Newfoundland Regiment, this was one of their major contributions to the war and the Regiment was very nearly wiped out in that single action. For Newfoundlanders, July 1st is also Memorial Day. I payed a little homage to the RNR by including the bottom half of a soldier with blue puttees (Blue Puttees being the nickname for the first soldiers due to them having blue puttees...) on the left thumb.

1 comment: