Welcome to Streams of Whiskey!

I am going, I am going, any which way the wind may be blowing,
I am going, I am going, where streams of whiskey are flowing.

27 December 2010

IIHF World Juniors





The first games of the World Juniors (Buffalo, NY) were held on Boxing Day. Stores in Newfoundland are closed Boxing Day (very sad) so my sale shopping had to be done Monday. This left Sunday to watch some hockey (particularly since the Liverpool match was postponed due to a frozen pitch) and repaint my nails. Christmas is over, time to move on. The original plan was to have Germany on the left hand and Canada on the right. I want Canada to win, but I'd like Germany to do well. Unfortunately I broke my thumbnail on the right hand trying to get something out of a box (an endeavour in which success still eludes me) and decided not to risk getting nail polish remover in the somewhat open wound. With the hands uneven I opted to have Canada on both hands with a little shout-out to Germany on the left thumb. I decided to experiment with a landscape set up which gave a bit extra space to include hockey sticks and have the boards in the background. Granted, this layout has been done before (Canadiens, Vimy, Discworld) but this round was undertaken with a bit more intent. Germany lost their first game 4:3 but Canada was victorious against Russia with a 6:3 final scoreline.

No comments:

Post a Comment