Welcome to Streams of Whiskey!

I am going, I am going, any which way the wind may be blowing,
I am going, I am going, where streams of whiskey are flowing.

03 April 2011

Vancouver Whitecaps FC




So I planned a trip back to the province I grew up in that (not coincidently) coincided with the first Whitecaps game of the season and their first in Major League Soccer. As such I had to do Whitecaps nails. Being a procrastinator, they were done far too late in the evening the day before my flight so they weren't, perhaps, as polished as I would've preferred but I had quite a bit of fun with them anyway. And it was nice upon arriving in Vancouver that people actually knew what it was as opposed to just commenting on the nice design and asking what "Caps" meant. If it were possible for me to write "Vancouver Whitecaps FC" on a single nail, that definitely would've happened. But, it was a great game, with a fantastic final scoreline. Despite the fact that I'm a 'Caps fan, I'd been following TFC in the seasons before Vancouver was promoted. As such, it was good to be able to see De Rosario (who has since been traded to NYRB) alongside Hassli, DeMerit, et al. Definitely worth the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment