Welcome to Streams of Whiskey!

I am going, I am going, any which way the wind may be blowing,
I am going, I am going, where streams of whiskey are flowing.

21 November 2010

Vimy Ridge




As a Canadian who loves military history, for April 9-12 it was necessary that I pay tribute to the Canadian Corps taking Vimy Ridge in 1917. It was the first time Canadians fought together in a single action and has inspired many 'nation' myths since. Regardless, it's an important point in Canadian history and Canadian military history. The thumbs gave the dates. The left hand showed the German lines and the movement of Canadian troops while the left showed the Canadian lines and the movement of Canadian troops. The "V" was the location of the ridge. Since Canada's flag was the Red Ensign I included the Union Jack along with a maple leaf (on the cap badges).

No comments:

Post a Comment